As an employer, how often do I need to provide WHIMIS refresher training?
WHIMIS Refresher education and training is generally required:
- As needed to protect the worker's health and safety;
- If conditions of the workplace have changed;
- If new products are introduced;
- If the products have changed and now have different hazards;
- When new hazard information becomes available;
- If there is new information about safe use, handing, storage or disposal.
- employers must periodically evaluate workers knowledge using written tests, practical demonstrations or other means.
It is important to keep updated on the SDS information of the products used within your workplace and check in on the competency of your employees.
We recommend to update training annually to keep your company and employees safe.**Again, confirm these details with your local jurisdiction.